weekly reflection 2

 Hello. McKenzie and I were able to maintain close to the same schedule as last week. This week we focused on being in the sun while we have it and making sure the dogs have a great time on the walks and get adequate exercise. Our system of emailing the parents of the dogs the night before to confirm the time and pickup location seems to be working well. We have also obtained a good amount of videos of the dogs enjoying their walk around Proctor for us to make progress with the final presentation. This week I was interested in learning about the effect COVID-19 had on animal shelters and rates for adoption and surrenders in the country. What I found was that there was a massive increase in adoptions in 2020 since a lot of people had to work from home. An article written by TIME Magazine details the increase of adoptions by saying, “We’ve seen an incredibly compassionate response from people willing to open their homes to foster and adopt vulnerable shelter animals during this period of uncertainty and applaud them for stepping up so heroically for animals in need,” says ASPCA President and CEO Matt Bershadker. “This unprecedented compassionate response from communities across the country to support their local shelters reflects widespread appreciation of the invaluable role pets play in our lives.” I think it is admirable that so many people opened their homes to animals in need, but those animals, in turn, provided support to their humans during this difficult time. I have grown up with pets in my house and I have noticed that during a difficult time, talking to my dogs for a walk or playing tug of war with them makes a large difference in my mental state. This next week I hope to focus on finishing the video and preparing our presentation for express fest! We are at 48 hours of work. 


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

weekly reflection

day 4

day 2